TUNING MACHINE INSTRUCTIONS
• ½” (12.7mm) Nut Wrench
• 1.5mm Drill Bit and Drill
• Small Phillips Head Screwdriver
• Read the instructions in their entirety.
• Ensure that your instrument’s headstock has a 10mm hole
for the tuning post.
• Pilot holes are required for the small mounting screws.
We recommend a 1.5mm pilot hole with a 6mm-8mm depth.
• If you have any doubts about your ability to install the tuning
machines, please refer to a professional luthier for installation.
1. Remove existing tuning machines if present.
2. Insert the tuning machine though the hole in the headstock
and align to the desired position.
3. Mark position of mounting screw and drill 1.5mm pilot hole
with a 6mm-8mm depth if it does not align with existing hole.
4. Once tuning machine is in position, gently push with thumb on
the back of machine to make sure it is flush against headstock.
5. Apply washer and nut to tuning machine post and tighten by hand.
6. Further tighten nut using wrench or nut driver until secure.
DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.
7. Place mounting screw through the tuners eyelet and tighten.
Screw should tighten with minimal effort. STOP TIGHTENING AT
ANY SIGN OF RESISTANCE AND RE-CHECK DIMENSIONS OF PILOT
HOLE. DO NOT FORCE SCREW AS IT COULD STRIP OR BREAK.
The D'Addario Foundation is powering change by bringing music instruction to underserved communities and providing children with inspiration and creativity that lifts their confidence.